Author Topic: Still planning for an Oct/Nov update?  (Read 8370 times)

Maestro

• View Profile
Still planning for an Oct/Nov update?
« on: September 16, 2016, 06:31:49 pm »
Hi, curious to see how things are coming along, and what new features you think you will be able to incorporate into the update?

Also, how are sales going?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Still planning for an Oct/Nov update?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 02:37:58 pm »
Yes, next update is planned for November time frame.  I finish up with coaching High School softball in two weeks so I will have time at that point.

The main theme of the new update will be allowing direct import of songs, sound affects, and player announcements.   Probably also the capability to record them as well.

Maestro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:42:20 pm »
How is the update coming along?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 09:22:37 am »
I am working on it and making reasonable process, but still much to do.   Completion date looks more likely to be after Christmas break or so, but should still be in time for the start of spring ball.

I have the import of mp3 files working and they can be played as walkout songs...  The big work is adding the option to the UI without cluttering things. 

I also investigated a method to play walkout songs from Apple Music offerings, but it requires use of a completely different playback API.  That will be quite a bit of work as well.

Thanks for checking in on it!   Makes it easier to put in the effort when I see interest in the product  :D

Maestro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 12:27:43 pm »
I know you are working on it, and probably stressing out.  Our season starts Feb 18th.  Do you think the new release will be before that, so we can run it through it's paces?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 06:53:58 am »
Yes, I am working on the update a couple hours a day right now and should have it completed by the end of the month. 

The functions themselves are working well, but fitting it all into the user interface without cluttering things is taking quite a bit longer than I had hoped.   I also wasted a bunch of time trying to support Apple Music songs, but that ended up requiring too many compromises and workarounds to be acceptable.  iOS forces you to use a very limited and quirky audio player API to access digital rights protected songs and I just couldn't get all the existing features of the walkout song interface to work well enough.  I guess that feature will have to wait until the future iOS update where they make that API acceptable.

Thanks for the note...  I really appreciate your interest!

Maestro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 08:20:52 pm »
Thank you for the update.

If you were ever curious as to put faces or programs to who is using your software, here is our baseball link:  http://www.westranchbaseball.com/spring/

...., and if you are wondering why such a detailed web page for a HS baseball program, the head coach is the teacher who teaches nothing but web development on campus, and guess what projects his students work on during the year.....

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 10:11:31 am »
I am always curious about where the app is being used.   Believe me, the financial reward for developing the app is pretty minimal.  What makes it worth it, is to see that 8000 teams across the country have found it useful  :)

Thanks for sharing the team website!  That looks very professional...  much better than the ones I have put together for the high school softball team that I coach.