Walkout Song DJ > Enhancement Requests

Some suggested enhancements after using the application for a season

(1/1)

tleblanc:
First of all, this is an outstanding application.  I can't say enough good things about about it. Many people have asked me how I am able to do what I do from my iPhone. I am always excited to show them this application.  Being a DJ in my younger years, my son volunteered me to be the DJ for his Legion Baseball team home games.  I came across this application and was excited to try it out.  I loaded all the league teams into the application, 12 in all. After using this for one season, I have a few suggestions that I think would have made this outstanding application even better for my situation.

1.   In the Walkout Tab, the ability to label each team would make it easy to identify the teams when swiping right or left.

2.   In the Walkout Tab, having the ability to select the two teams that are playing from a list so that you can toggle back and forth between just those two teams playing would be handy.  I have been in situations where I have had to swipe 11 times from team to team each time the inning changes.  This can be challenging and is more difficult because there are no team labels to easily identify each team.

3.   In the Walkout Tab, I found that when in portrait view, on iPhone, if there are more than 10 teams added, the dots across the top, indicating where you are in the list of teams, covers the red Edit button.  This requires the iPhone to be rotated to landscape mode to select the edit button in order to change the batting order or to make other edits, click done then rotate back to portrait view to resume using the application in portrait view.  If more teams are added, this may eventually become an issue, even in landscape mode.

4.   Add a tab for Pitching Changes.  Announcing a pitcher after they have warmed up, can be done using the Walkout tab, but this requires having two lists for each team.  The pitching tab would have the same functionality as the Walkout Tab but the song default duration would be 2 minutes instead of 11 seconds.

5.   Include the option to Cold Start and Stop or Fade Start and Stop each song.  Start and Stop for each song should be set independently so that each song can be set with the following options:
    a.   Cold Start, Cold Stop
    b.   Cold Start, Adjustable Fade Stop
    c.   Adjustable Fade Start, Adjustable Fade Stop (each fade time adjustable independently)
    d.   Adjustable Fade Start, Cold Stop

6.   Add equalizer adjustment for each song

7.   In the Pregame Tab, have the ability to blend from one song to another with adjustable blend time. This would happen when one song ends and the next queued song begins or when manually changing from one song to another. The idea is to permit control over the space between songs transitions and could be set to blend or to add dead air between songs.

8.   Under Walkout tab, add the ability to delete an entire team at a time instead of deleting all of the players of a team one at a time.

9.     While I have not encountered this in my use case, I could see a situation where a host field could have a need to load multiple leagues into the application in any given season.  The ability to manage multiple leagues, teams, players is where I see this application reaching the next level.

Again, really nice job on this application.  It is obvious you have a passion for both the game and the application.  Keep up the great work!

UpAllnite Software:
Thanks for the excellent suggestions...  To be honest, I never used the app for more than one team so the multi-team aspects were just a guess and your experience helps greatly with where it falls short.  I will make notes on all your suggestions and see what I can make work for the next upgrade work over the late fall and winter.

tleblanc:
Thanks, I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the spring release. There are a bunch of great suggestions on this site and it is great to see a developer with such an open mind. Best wishes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version