Author Topic: Player name/number PRIOR to music. How to please.  (Read 5438 times)

dobone

• View Profile
Player name/number PRIOR to music. How to please.
« on: August 08, 2017, 02:15:06 pm »
I'm announcing for football and would love an ability have a recorded (my voice) of the player followed by their song clip.  Is this doable at present?  Thanks

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player name/number PRIOR to music. How to please.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:37:33 pm »
Not yet...  I have had that requested a couple times in the last couple months so I am working on that for the next version.   Hopefully will release that by mid September.

dobone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 02:59:52 pm »
Perfect.  The sooner the better.   It will really make this app more applicable to ALL sports not just baseball and open up a huge market for you.  I almost did not buy this as the icon is a baseball player and thought it wouldn't work for football.  Might want to consider making it more universal to avoid turning business away.  Thanks again for your quick response.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 04:28:01 pm »
Just wanted to let you know this feature is part of the 2.3.2 update of the app.  The setting menu from the gear icon now has an option to do the announcement before or after the song.  Hopefully, you already have the update and noticed it was added.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

joefla70

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 10:05:26 am »
What I do is just make the entire announcement and song as part of a single mp3 file. 

To create the announcement, I use the demo version of Cepestral Swifttalker (David voice) with the "Spacetime Echo" effect to give it a stadium announcer's voice effect.  I type in "Now batting.  Number ___.   Firstname  Lastname."  The program will let you hear what the text-to-speech sounds like, and then when you get it just right, you can download it as an audio file.  (You may have to tinker with some names, spelling them phonetically, in order to get the program to pronounce the name correctly).

I then select the song that will be used.

Once I do that,  I use a free audio editing program called "Audacity" (1) to trim the walk up song to the part of the song I want and the length of song and (2) import in the walk up announcement -- and then create a single file for the announcement / song.