Author Topic: Moving edited/cued music from tab to tab  (Read 4702 times)

Lax Mom

• View Profile
Moving edited/cued music from tab to tab
« on: October 08, 2017, 03:28:31 pm »
Hi guys! Started using this app on a whim during the summer (lacrosse games can be quiet - I needed to break the tension). Didn't really pay much attention to the tabs at the bottom of the screen (walkout, innings, situational, pregame) and just started adding and editing songs all on the walkout tab.

But now that I've had a chance to really use the app, I'd like to start using the tabs at the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to move an already edited/cued song from tab to tab? I have about 50 songs perfectly cued and I don't want to have to redo all that work!

While trying to move songs between tabs, I thought that maybe by exporting and then importing my playlist that I might be able to do it, but all that did was add duplicate pages (the circles at the top of the walkout screen) - and some of them are blank. How do I erase pages on the walkout tab?

Thank you very much! I hope I explained my predicament okay!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving edited/cued music from tab to tab
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 04:25:01 pm »
Interesting questions and use of the app...  it has caught me a bit by surprise at the other sports people use the app for.   Unfortunately, there isn't any way to move songs with cue and duration settings between tabs yet.  For the original purpose of the app, I hadn't envisioned a use case for copying songs and setup between the tab scenarios.  I also don't see a clean approach for a user interface to make those moves.   Which tab where you thinking of moving your song setups to?  Did you have an expectation of how you thought it might work?

Regarding deleting the extra pages on the walkout tab... There is no way to delete an entire page yet, but I have had that requested before and I do plan to implement that function in the next update around Christmas time.  In the meantime, you can tap the edit button on the extra page, delete each entry from the table, then kill and restart the app and it will remove the blank pages.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:35:59 am by UpAllnite Software »

dsinema

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 12:41:43 pm »
I just filed an enhancement request for a similar feature for players. I would use this feature between teams as I have players on the varsity and JV teams. Does that make sense?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 12:57:56 pm »
That does make sense and shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish. 

Probably something like drag the player to the teams icon or left side of the page and it opens the team list to allow you to drop on a team and then ask  move or copy?

Does that sound like it would work?