Author Topic: Folders for Situations  (Read 4040 times)

Maestro

• View Profile
Folders for Situations
« on: December 12, 2017, 06:09:56 pm »
Hi,

It's that time again, the season is starting to crank up, was able to run the beta through it's paces over the span of 3 days and 6 games.  I REALLY LIKE the new feature where we can announce the names first and then the music plays.  It's so much more adjustable depending on what is going on with the hitter's timing, and frankly my timing.

Is it possible to create Folders within the Situation or Inning Break tabs? 

I have 10+ songs each for "Walks", Big Hits, Crowd Pump up, Mound visits, etc.  It takes a little too long time to find what I am looking for, and I think just going to the folder first would save a lot of time.  For inning breaks, it's not that big of deal.  I just like to set up rotations of songs, at least 8 games worth, so 8 times 14 songs (2 per inning).  The list gets a little long.  Would be nice to be able to have folders in there as Game 1, Game 2, etc.

Thanks,

Reid

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Folders for Situations
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 08:50:56 am »
hmmm, folders would be an interesting concept.  Pretty big change in the underlying data structure but does provide some flexibility for the future.  Perhaps I could also apply that to the team concept on the walkout page as well.  I've been looking for a way to clean up the multi page selector there as it is pretty confusing for users of the non-engineer variety.

Not sure how soon I can get to working on this but I will add it to the todo list.  Right now, I have about 65% of the Android version completed and I am pushing to have that ready for the spring season.

Thanks again for sharing your ideas...  it is much appreciated!

Maestro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 12:07:16 am »
I know this sounds pathetic, but the sole reason I haven't swapped out my iPhone 6+ for the latest Samsung Galaxy, is because of Walkout DJ.  I've put too much work into to start over, so I am excited to see that you are working on an android version.  I know it probably won't be ready by next Fall, but at least its great to know it will be out there. 

I guess the big question would be, could you transport one's set-up from one system to another?  I am thinking no, but holding out for an answered prayer.

Looking forward to this Spring, when the season starts.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 08:31:46 am »
For the Android version, I do plan to support import of the setup database and that should work well.  The tricky part is the songs themselves.  I could create functionality in both platforms to export/import the music via email as well, but that would be a pretty large amount of data.  I think a better approach would be some sort of cloud transfer, but I haven't dug into how complicated that would be.