Author Topic: New Announcer Voice downloads?  (Read 4578 times)

Maestro

• View Profile
New Announcer Voice downloads?
« on: April 18, 2016, 10:59:19 am »
I've had this app for about 2 weeks, and our freshman HS team has had a lot of fun with already.

My question is this.  When do you think a good, strong, American male voice will be available to announce the names?

Daniel from the UK "voice "is getting by, but it sounds like we are at a cricket or soccer match at times.  Hoping that new voices will be available in an update soon.

Thanks.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Announcer Voice downloads?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:32:17 pm »
Well, unfortunately, those voices are all produced by Apple so I have no ability to add to them.  I agree that the Daniel voice is the best one so far, but it does give a cricket feel.  Generally, voice additions show up with each iOS update so I would suggest just taking a look for new ones whenever your device is updated.

I am planning to allow the announcement sound byte to be recorded or imported and I have been approached by the stadium announcer for the Atlanta Braves, Casey Motter, as a potential source of recording those.   He has done some recording of announcements for travel teams in the Atlanta area and would like to expand.

Maestro

• View Profile
Re: New Announcer Voice downloads?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:54:50 pm »
That would be really cool if that could come together.  Any professional Stadium voice would be supreme, and would put this whole experience that the app offers to a whole new level.  Looking forward to it!