Author Topic: Changing the length of time on the song without re-entering the song?  (Read 5183 times)

Maestro

• View Profile
I know where and how to change the duration of the "walkout" song AND the "inning break" song.  My problem is this...the change only works if I enter or add a new song.  The existing songs I have loaded in those categories don't get changed.  I have to delete them and then put them back in to the mix for it to work.  It's really a pain in the ass when you have 24-30 songs already in the que for "inning break", and the change doesn't effect them.  This can change from game to game depending on the umpire.  Some push the game really fast, and some like to get their water and go an extra 20-30 seconds.  Each umpire is consistent with their time, but each umpire is different.  They usually fall with in 90-120 seconds. 

Also, it's not too big of deal for the walkout song, because you are talking about a minor adjustment in terms of a second or two, but when you have 19 boys like for a HS team, it can be really annoying.  The times can change depending on the field, I know that sounds silly, but sometimes, they have a really short walk to the batters box and some fields they have an extended walk to the batters box.  It would be nice when the change is made, it effects the existing entries and not just new entries.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the length of time on the song without re-entering the song?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:39:02 pm »
You make good points that I hadn't thought of.   I assumed that most people would pick a default duration for those and stick with it and then adjust individual songs by using the cue/duration selector page.   

I should be able to keep a flag somewhere that indicates whether an individual song duration has changed from the default since it was created and then adjust all of the ones that haven't been changed from the default whenever a change is made to the default.

I will make a note of that for the next update...  thanks for the suggestion!