Author Topic: Annoucer stops announcing  (Read 5159 times)

aotweb

• View Profile
Annoucer stops announcing
« on: April 25, 2016, 04:44:26 pm »
The announcement of the players name and number stops working.  The song will play but the announcement does not follow.  If I turn the ipad off and turn back on again it will start to play again.  I have been using the app for several years now and we were really excited to find out that it would announce the players only to try with no luck.  It was by accident that I found out if you turned the ipad off and on again that it would start announcing again.  This means that during the inning break instead of playing music and I am  waiting on the ipad to restart  :(

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Annoucer stops announcing
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 05:03:36 pm »
This issue has been reported by a few people, but generally only happens very occasionally. 

So far I have been unable to determine what causes the issue... The app makes a very simple call to an iOS system function with the text to announce and the system takes care of the rest. 

Can you tell me what voice you are using, what model device and what version of iOS?

aotweb

• View Profile
Re: Annoucer stops announcing
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 06:29:59 pm »
I have an iPad mini 2 with Retina (wi-fi only).  The iOS version I 9.3.1.  I have used Samantha and Daniel voices. 

iPad model = A1489