Author Topic: USB-C Problems  (Read 111 times)

hollywoodjoshua

• View Profile
USB-C Problems
« on: April 29, 2024, 09:53:36 pm »
I have used the app for a number of years now. Last year I was not able to use the iPad because I found using the USB-C adapter for the aux was not working. I would get an error that basically says (I am paraphrasing) the songs cannot be found and to either cycle the power on the device or re-install apple music. Well last year I circumvented that issue by using an iPhone. Well now the iPhones are using USB-C's and I am running into the same issue. Bluetooth works yes, but the volume is considerably lower and there is more lag time. I am using an iPad Pro 12.9 inch 5th gen on IOS 17.2. The phone is an iPhone 15 Pro on IOS 17.4.1. All of the songs have been downloaded. This problem is for all activities: Walk-up, Inning Break, Situations and Pre-Game. I do not use the announcing function.  What can I do to fix this?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: USB-C Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 10:23:44 pm »
I'm not sure exactly what relation there would be between the usb-c port and error messages on playback of Apple Music songs...  so if you get the error message and then take the usb-c aux adapter out and then retry a playback, it will work successfully? 

If so, that would suggest your device is having difficulties playing through the usb-c to aux adapter and I would be very suspicious of your specific usb-c adapter.  There is actually a pretty significant piece of audio hardware in those to do a digital to analog conversion and I have experienced playback issues in other apps with some lower quality or defective adapters.