Walkout Song DJ > FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Announcer Volume

<< < (2/4) > >>

UpAllnite Software:
Still got your response cutoff...  perhaps it would work better if you message me via the facebook page:   https://www.facebook.com/walkoutsongdj/

Maestro:
Sent you a PM, but thought it may generate some ideas from others or responses at least.

Would be really cool if the recorded announcement good be transposed on top of the walkout song.  So the song starts, then the announcement is made on top of the song playing in the back ground, and then the song returns to full volume.  There isn't a ton of time to get both the announcement and then at least 9-10 seconds of the song.  The distance between the the dugout and home plate just isn't that far.

UpAllnite Software:
On the overlay of the announcement and the walkout... that is pretty complex overall because of the coordinated volume and timing sequence.  In my tests, the user would need the ability to configure both of those options on a song by song basis to get quality output and I would somehow need to gracefully preclude using Apple Music songs with that option because I cannot independently control the volume of the player Apple requires I use to play those.  I have to actually snapshot, fade, and restore the volume of the whole device for those songs.  Ugly, but it works.

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to analyze the usage mix between Apple Music subscription songs and unrestricted song files to see what the mix is.  My last three day snapshot puts the Apple Music percentage around 40% but that may be a spike because of the recently added support.   If there is still a reasonable percentage of people using unrestricted song files, then I will take a look at how to mix the announcement and walkout song as an advanced option.

Thank you for the suggestion!

rauschm:
I recently downloaded your app... great stuff!  Could you enable text to speech announcements volume to be -1 or -2?  Possibly adjustable gain like vine recordings? The volume for the text to speech is much louder than the music.  When I turn up the volume to hear the music better, the text to speech is too loud.

Thanks in advance!

rauschm:
...like voice recording, not vine recording.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version