Author Topic: Moving set up from one phone to the other?  (Read 5148 times)

Maestro

• View Profile
Moving set up from one phone to the other?
« on: February 17, 2020, 11:01:14 am »
Hello my old friend.  It’s that time again.  My son’s HS career is over.  Now onto my daughters softball team.  Thank you for the categories you created in Situations and Inning Break.  Really has been a big help. I’m gonna miss the next 2 home games.  My question is, how do I get, or is it possible to transfer or copy my entire set up (it’s a lot of work, plus I have recorded announcements) over to another phone, so they can do the show while I am away?

Thank you!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving set up from one phone to the other?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 11:19:47 am »
Do the share data action from the config page to export the setup to a file you can email to the other phone and import.

Then you have to download the same music files on the other phone to match the setup as record industry frowns on apps moving music.

You can then go into the 'Recorded Announcements" item on the config page of your source phone to view and export your recorded announcement files.  You can then import those from email and just reconnect them to the proper batters as imported rather then recorded announcements.

Maestro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 04:27:36 pm »
Got the first part to go over beautifully.  It’s now sitting on my old phone, that I just discovered I haven’t turned on since April of last year.  Had to update a bunch of stuff to get things to work.  I didn’t upgrade the OS, so not sure if that’s what is holding me back.  But I am not able to link the announcements over to the other phone.  I sent them via email out of the source phone config, just like you said and just I did with the share data.  But there is just no option inside the phone or the App to connect those announcements from the email to the app.  Maybe I am missing a critical step?  Thoughts?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 09:58:18 pm »
You should be able to open the email with the announcements, tap each announcement and you should have the option to copy to walkout songs.  It will then ask you if they are songs or announcements.  Pick announcement and you will get confirmation.  Then for each player, go to song config, announcement selector, pick import file, and then pick the one with their name that you imported.

If you have the new beta version of Walkout songs on both phones, you could also share the recordings to your iCloud and then on the target phone multi select all the announcements and import them all at once as announcements.

Maestro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 09:13:05 am »
After about 2 hours of trying to debug why everything you outlined was not working with my old phone, I gave up, and grabbed my wife's phone.  Followed your instructions again, and everything was as you said it was, and within 30 minutes had everything set up for her to take my place for the softball show while I am away.  I can't remember if I asked you for that ability to be able to transfer set ups from one to another, but nevertheless, a very cool feature of being able to transfer 100's of hours in getting the app dialed in, over to another device so the show can continue.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 05:36:00 pm »
Good to hear!  Not sure why you would have had issues with the older phone... how old is older?