Author Topic: Android app  (Read 4534 times)

Kdoubrava

• View Profile
Android app
« on: March 06, 2018, 04:25:59 pm »
I downloaded walkout songs dj  on my Samsung galaxy s7 yesterday. I have entered players info, now how do I download music into the app? I do not have any music on my phone now, and this is completely new to me.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Android app
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 04:42:14 pm »
Easiest way is to email the song files to yourself, open the email on your phone, tap on the song file attachment, and there should be some form of destination dialog that has the Walkout Songs app listed to copy to.  Then the Walkout Song app will ask you if it is a song or player announcement and store it in an import folder where you can browse songs for your players.

You can also transfer songs using cloud storage like dropbox, google drive, and such.  Put the song on the cloud service, open the cloud service app, find the song, tap on it and the option to open with Walkout Songs should be there.

Kdoubrava

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 05:51:40 pm »
I clicked the open with walkout songs link, but then what? It takes me to the app, but the songs are not there. Where is the best place to download songs from? I'm using Sound Cloud now?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 07:04:34 pm »
When the link took you to the app, did it ask whether it was a song or announcement?  That indicates it was a valid sound file format.  If so, hopefully you picked

Kdoubrava

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 03:41:44 am »
No, it did not ask me that. What kind of sound file format do I need, and where do I find them? Thank you so much for all your help. Like I said, this is the the first time I've ever attempted this, so I  have no clue what I'm doing..

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:44:26 am »
It should accept files with extensions mp3 or m4a and a couple others.  Those are the most common these days.  It is also quite possible the file you tried was fine and some sanity checks I have in the import kicked it out for no good reason.  The Android app has only been released for a couple weeks and I am still finding things to fix on a daily basis.

If you would like to email me the file you tried, I can figure out why the app rejected it and get it fixed if the file is valid and playable by the Android media framework.  My email can be found on my member profile here or at the bottom of the app listing on the google play store.

Regarding the best place to download files... I would recommend just buying them from Amazon.  15 dollars should cover the whole team. Pretty reasonable compared to the price of a new bat for your player.  I did see there is a SoundCloud to mp3 converter listed on Google so perhaps that would work too.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:51:16 am by UpAllnite Software »