Walkout Song DJ > Issue Reporting

Ping

(1/4) > >>

BearNecessity:
Whenever I press play for the next song I'm getting a loud "ping" out of the BT speaker.  The sound does't sound like a disturbance but a signaled "ping". I checked and if i'm directly in iPhone/Apple "Music" it doesn't occur.  Any ideas?   It's a Ecoxgear EcoBoulder.

UpAllnite Software:
I have tested and just retested with a blue tooth speaker and I don't get any ping.

Could you give me some detail on the version of the app, version of iOS?

When you say directly in iPhone/Apple "music"  do you mean the iOS music app?

BearNecessity:
I'm on version 11.2.6.
Yes the iOS Music app.

I do see iOS 11.3 is out there.

UpAllnite Software:
Well...  for sure don't upgrade to iOS 11.3 yet.  Apple messed up a bunch of stuff for the app in 11.3 and I had to write 10 or so workarounds to deal with the new odd behaviors.  I do have a new  version in review with Apple as of the wee hours of last night, but I suspect it may take a little longer than their usual slowness to get the update in the store since they probably broke many 3rd party apps as they usually do.

Now on to debugging the ping... 

Do you use Apple Music subscription songs, individually purchased songs, or a combination of both?   

The app uses different operating system players for those two types, so could you tell which type of file is generating the ping?

BearNecessity:
All Apple Music subscription songs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version