Author Topic: Songs sometimes play on repeat during pregame?  (Read 3854 times)

bmassey74

• View Profile
Songs sometimes play on repeat during pregame?
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:16:44 pm »
When playing the pregame playlist, sometimes some of the songs will “get stuck” and play on repeat continuously until I manually switch to the next song. Is this something with the app or maybe the fact my phone auto-locks that’s causing it? It’s pretty annoying to have to manually change songs while we’re in the middle of doing pregame drills. I love the Walk Out DJ APP and don’t want to move to iTunes music, but I know that doesn’t get stuck

Hopefully this is something that can be easily fixed.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Songs sometimes play on repeat during pregame?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:30:27 pm »
That does sound like something in the app.  I have heard similar reports in the past, but I have never been able to duplicate it and I couldnt see any way it could happen in the code.

I will take a look at it this week and see if I can figure it out and fix it.

Let me know if you notice any more clues to how to replicate.  It is so much easier to fix if I can make it happen here.

bmassey74

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:31:09 pm »
It did it again today during pregame warmups. It was the 13th song in my playlist. It was a different song each time but I don’t know what song number it was before since I wasn’t paying attention to it until today. Just posting so you’re aware. I’ll see if it does it again and what song number it is when it happens. Maybe I need to reduce it to 12 songs haha.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 05:53:03 am »
That may be a pretty good clue... When you first open the app and go to that page, how many songs are visible in the table?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 09:29:04 am »
Thanks to your clue, I believe I finally found the issue! 

It was a pretty obvious coding error in the handling of playing the next song when it has not ever been scrolled into view yet. 

I will be submitting an update to Apple today to address it.  Until the update is out, if you just scroll your pregame list all the way to the bottom before starting to play, it should avoid the issue.

Pretty crazy that bug has been there since the beginning.  I wonder how many people ran into it and just ignored it.

bmassey74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 02:20:08 pm »
The update seems to have resolved the issue!! Thanks so much! :D