Author Topic: How to remove the fade-in on both parts of imported songs and announcements?  (Read 3383 times)

emthornton

• View Profile
My neighbor can do voice work and recorded our announcements - I made audio clips of the song segments the kids want. I do the announcement first then mix in the song.

I like the red and green segments you can slide to mix and overlap the two for best live effect, but regardless of what I do, or what settings I manipulate, the first few seconds of the song fade in so slowly and so pronounced that it sounds bad. The fade in doesn't start until the voice part is over, so this is very annoying. By the time it's over, the fading in should be done and it should come on full blast. How do I remove the fade-in of the imported song clip?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There is not much configurability to the fade and announcement ducking.  I tried to best fit the majority of situations and keep the configuration simple.  There is a fade seconds setting on the config page that will allow you to speed up the fade seconds, but the lowest setting is .7 seconds.  I could add an option to disable the fade completely, but that would be a global setting as I would rather not add a config option to each song to avoid complicating the interface for a very specific and so far rare use case.

If you would like to email me a song, announcement, and a screen shot of how you configure it.  I can try to duplicate what your hearing and see what I can do to improve it.  Email those to walkoutsongdj@gmail.com

emthornton

• View Profile
Thanks - I will do that tomorrow night. You'll see what I mean.

PCWESTpatriots

• View Profile
I have had a similar experience but with the fade out at the end of the sound bytes that I download for situations in the games. For instance, after we play the National Anthem, instead of saying "Play Ball!," I play a sound byte from the Ron Burgandy Movie (when the news crews are fixing to fight, Ron Burgandy says "Before we do this, let's go over the ground rules. No touching of the hair and face. Now let's do this!") when it gets to the end of the Ron Burgandy clip, it fades out (it fades the last sentence: Let's do this!).

I thought I could re-record the sound clips and have dead space at the end so it fades out on the dead space instead of the sound clip. Other than that, is there anything else that I could do that would be easier? Any ideas you have would be awesome! Thank you!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hmmm, I will have to take a look at that use case.  In trying to keep the interface as simple as possible, there are definitely a few corner cases that are not handled well.  Your idea to add a little dead space to the end should work, but I will add your use case to my list and see if I can find a way to handle it better.