Author Topic: HELP! ASAP! Frozen app and I have a game tomorrow!  (Read 3584 times)

beardy21

• View Profile
HELP! ASAP! Frozen app and I have a game tomorrow!
« on: February 04, 2022, 05:40:39 pm »
Hi. My app freezes every time I click into the imported song list!

I was an idiot and wanted to separate some of the files in an inning break folder. So I uploaded a dummy file with the name "****SECTION DIVIDER****". Now I think the asterisks have frozen my app. EVERY TIME I click into my imported song list from anywhere (settings or Plus Sign) the app freezes. I can't even get in to delete the file. Please help as soon as possible, I have a game tomorrow.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! ASAP! Frozen app and I have a game tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 06:12:32 pm »
Is this on Android or Apple?  Can you email that file to me walkoutsongdj@gmail.com so I can try to reproduce here?  I very likely can fix it, but the release process through the app stores always takes several days.  It would probably be quicker for you to export your settings and email them to yourself.  Uninstall the app to clear everything, reinstall and import your settings back.  Then you would just need to reimport the files without the bad one,

beardy21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 06:59:03 pm »
Sure. I will send the file to the email provided.  This is on an Apple iPad.

I have started to create a work around by uploading the files into my iTunes and then use the file from there. I am still able to use files within the imported song section, I just cannot select anything new from that list, or go there to delete this bad file name.

I am not sure I want to clear everything and reinstall if I don't have to because I have been using this app for almost 4 years! I have A LOT of files!! If I went that route, I would have to reimport a TON (that is kinda why I was creating a file separator, because I needed to visually see a different area in the same folder).

If I wait for you to fix (while using my workaround) and then wait for you to upload to Apple, will I still have to reimport the files after the updated release?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 06:18:52 am »
Thanks for reporting the issue and sending the file and your data collection.  I was able to duplicate the issue, figure out the cause and get a fix uploaded to the App Store.  Hopefully, Apple will finish their review in the next day or two.

grapevinekid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 10:09:36 am »
Has this problem been fixed? I an having a similar problem with the app. If one walkout song plays the next one won’t play without closing the app and re-entering and that doesn’t always work either.

Also have problems getting pregame, inning break and situations songs to play at all.

grapevinekid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 10:13:26 am »
I’m still using IOS 14 on iPhone. Do I need to update to IOS 15?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 01:43:02 pm »
The issue that started this thread has been fixed and required a specific '*' character in the name of an imported file to cause the problem.   Not likely to be the issue you are having...

Are you using a Bluetooth speaker when you are having these playback problems?

grapevinekid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 06:37:26 pm »
No, the iPhone is plugged into the stereo sound system. No Bluetooth capability.

And I don’t have the problem without the plug which suggests it’s an iPhone issue and not the app.

Any suggestions?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2022, 08:03:34 pm »
I'm not sure I follow... so if the iPhone is just playing through its speaker, then the issue does not occur?  And when you plug into the stereo system, the issue does occur?  If that is true, I would not suspect any problem with the phone or the app, but possibly something going on with the adapter between the lightning plug of the phone and the stereo system.

grapevinekid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 07:07:59 am »
Yes and yes to your first two questions. However there is no problem playing repetitive songs when playing from an iTunes playlist vs the walkup music app.

I’m using an iPhone8 so I think it may be the phone

grapevinekid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 07:10:50 am »
It’s also worth noting I can duplicate the problem with playing multiple songs from the app from the adapter in my truck which again has no problem playing multiple songs directly from an iTunes playlist

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 10:36:45 am »
There is quite a big difference between playing a playlist in the Apple Music app and the controlled playback from the Walkout songs app necessary for seeking, fading, and mixing.  There is a new Apple Music player spawned for each song and a parallel file player to allow the playback to continue if the phone sleeps.  It is quite a mess but is required to workaround the multitude of limitations and idiosyncrasies that the Apple Music player has.

I no longer have an iPhone 8 to test the scenario you describe, but I did have one at one time and don't recall any issues like you describe.  You mentioned you are still on iOS 14?  That particular version did have some nasty bugs in the Apple Music playback...   Is it possible for you to upgrade to a 15.x and see if the problem goes away?

grapevinekid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2022, 06:58:18 am »
Will do the update to IOS 15 and let you know if that solves the problem. Either way I am overdue for a new iPhone

grapevinekid

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2022, 07:43:32 am »
Happy to report the update to IOS 15 on my iPhone solved the problem I was having😎

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2022, 08:24:43 am »
Excellent...  appreciate the follow up comment for anyone else having the same issue.