Author Topic: Walkout Song Repeats  (Read 3279 times)

baseballdad30

• View Profile
Walkout Song Repeats
« on: April 14, 2023, 11:06:28 am »
Hoping you all can help me with a weird issue which just came up.

When I play the walkup song, it fades out after the prescribed 9 seconds but then it starts playing the song again after a short delay. If I don't hard close the app, it will play the whole song.

This is the second season I've used the app and this has never happened before so I'm hoping someone has a magic solution.

It's hard for the kids to bat when music is playing and I'm swearing.

Thank you!

baseballdad30

• View Profile
Re: Walkout Song Repeats
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 11:10:52 am »
Additional detial....I am using a 9th generation ipad and recently updated to iPadOS version 16.3.1

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 11:28:42 am »
Are you using a bluetooth speaker by chance?

Does it happen on specific songs, all songs, or just randomly?

Are you using Apple music songs?  If so are they downloaded or streaming from the cloud?

Are you using announcements?  If so, what type and are they before, after or mixed with the song when this occurs?

Have you tried power cycling the device to reset the Apple music player service?

baseballdad30

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 11:46:39 am »
Thanks for the prompt reply. My answers below:

Are you using a bluetooth speaker by chance?

No. My ipad is connected to the audio system using a cable connected through the charging/accessory port on the ipad.

Does it happen on specific songs, all songs, or just randomly?

It only happens on walkup songs (not pregame or between innings) but happens on all of the walkup songs.

Are you using Apple music songs?  If so are they downloaded or streaming from the cloud?

I am using Apple Music songs which are downloaded to the ipdad.

Are you using announcements?  If so, what type and are they before, after or mixed with the song when this occurs?

I do not use announcements.

Have you tried power cycling the device to reset the Apple music player service?

By power cycling, do you mean turning the ipad off and then back on? If so, yes.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 01:27:21 pm »
hmm... you crossed off many of the usual suspects and I cannot duplicate what you are seeing here with an ipad at 16.3.1.

So couple more things:

Does the problem happen if you just use the iPad not connected to the audio system?

Can you share your setup from the settings page of the app to walkoutsongdj@gmail.com so I can see if there are any clues in there?

baseballdad30

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 03:36:58 pm »
Thank you. I will email the settings screenshot to the requested email address....The repeat issue sort of appears and disappears when the iPad isn't connected to the audio system but it always repeats when it IS connected to the audio system....I was able to use my iphone to do walkout songs for our last home game so the issue seems limited to my ipad....I recently updated my ios (now running iPadOS version 16.4.1) so it may have messed with the harmony the device and the app shared previously.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 03:44:51 pm by baseballdad30 »

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2023, 04:00:50 pm »
If it is limited to only when connected to the audio system...  you might want to try a different adapter between the ipad/phone and the aux cord.  Those have an d to a converter and have been known to be flakey.

baseballdad30

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 09:34:11 am »
That could be true but my iphone worked fine. I think there is just an issue with the ipad software update and the app....maybe it's only my ipad but it worked just fine for most of the season.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 04:22:49 pm »
Do the ipad and iphone have the same adapter?  I believe all iPhones use a lightning to 3.5mm adapter, while iPad uses and USB-C to 3.5 mm.  It is quite possible that the iOS update and that USB-C adapter are not getting along.

baseballdad30

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2023, 11:22:41 am »
That couldbe the problem as my phone works fine and the ipad worked fine before the ios update.

We only have one more home game, so I can ride it out with my phone.

Thank you!