Author Topic: Parameters of player announcement  (Read 2202 times)

Softballdad

• View Profile
Parameters of player announcement
« on: April 30, 2023, 07:38:47 am »
After walk up song plays, while using the text to speech, it verbally provides the setting parameters for before and after player name and number. I.e. start stop points pitch speed. Also still getting the no decodable audio track error.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Parameters of player announcement
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 07:48:31 am »
What device type are you using, Apple or Android?

Softballdad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 06:21:57 pm »
Sorry thought I put that in there, I’m only having trouble on my iPhone.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 07:07:05 pm »
For the no decodable audio tracks... please verify you have the latest version.  Go to the App Store, search for Walkout Song DJ and verify it displays version 2.16.6 and the button says 'open' and not 'update'.  If you do have the latest version and you are still getting the error with some songs, I would suggest removing those songs from your iTunes library, add them back, then repick the songs for the players in the Walkout Song app.

Now on the text to speech, it sounds like somehow the speech queue has some screen reading going on.  I would check the accessibility settings to see if any screen reading is enabled.

Softballdad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 06:43:53 am »
You were correct, I opened up the accessibility tab, spoken content and the speak screen option was turned on. I have no idea how it got turned on. But thank you that has seemed to resolve the issue. Also I had to remove the songs from library, redownload and reselect the song in the app. Now it seems to be working properly. Thanks again for the quick response.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 05:34:04 pm »
You are welcome!  Thanks for reporting back the success story.  Lots of times I try to resolve stuff here and never get any updates.  I hope I fixed it, but never know for sure.