Walkout Song DJ > Issue Reporting

Uploading music to Walkout Song DJ

<< < (2/3) > >>

UpAllnite Software:
The issue with the App not being allowed to play songs from Apple Music subscription still exists... because frankly it is all in the hands of Apple.  I would love to resolve it as it is the majority of the complaints and support requests for the app.   As soon as Apple makes it an option, I will have an update to support it within days.

All songs you purchase from iTunes should work.  If you are having issues with that, I would recommend disabling the 'Show Apple Music' in the Music section of the iOS Settings applet.  Then for songs that don't work, delete the local copy and redownload from the cloud.

I do understand your impression that 'Apple Music' songs should work with the app... I'm right there with you.  But I do mention directly in the app description that they do not to try to avoid hassle for people. 

I have found an option that works to avoid having to buy songs you already have from Apple Music. On a MAC or PC, Download a free trial of this application:
http://www.macsome.com/itunes-converter-mac/

That application will convert Apple Music subscription files to non-restricted mp3 files that you can then email to yourself and import to the app.

The only restriction on the trial version of that converter application is that it cuts the conversion at 3 minutes, but that is usually plenty of time to get the part of the song you need for the walkout.

If you still have no use for the app, feel free to request a refund from Apple, but please let them know that the reason is because they won't allow third party DJ style applications to play songs from your Apple Music subscription.

chrisholly:
Where is the show Apple Music setting in iOS applet????   I've bought about $10 or more worth of songs now trying to get them to play.... the app says to go buy them and they'll work.   They don't!

UpAllnite Software:
Find the gears app icon for the settings applet,  scroll down the left side to the music app icon, tap that.  On the right side should be a ‘show apple music’ toggle you can disable.  You should also disable the ‘icloud music toggle’ in that same page.  That is the switch that tells apple you are ok with them replacing your owned songs with their rights protected versions.

With those both off, you can go into the music app, find your purchased songs and tap the cloud icon to get them local to your device. 

chrisholly:
That worked   thx!

Jellicle:
I have the same problem and I did some search and find a way to convert m4p to mp3. You need a drm audio converter to save apple music songs as mp3 and then you can upload them to Walkout Song DJ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version