Author Topic: Announcement Effects  (Read 3069 times)

JSilva

• View Profile
Announcement Effects
« on: February 02, 2019, 08:48:54 pm »
Is it possible to add some effects to the announcements? Like a little reverb or delay to give the big announcer impact?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement Effects
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 09:08:43 pm »
I have evaluated the addition of affects to the text to speech announcements and it doesn't seem very possible without changing to a commercial provider of the text to speech which would not be free.

The Apple speech engine provides no opportunity to manipulate the audio output of text to speech.  Android does provide some opportunity to manipulate the text to speech, but the affects I have tried did not really come close to making the robot voices sound like a stadium announcer.

I do plan on evaluating some commercial text to speech companies to see if they could provide something along the stadium announcer theme that I could provide as in app purchase.

I do get many questions and occasional bad reviews regarding the robot voices so it is high on my list of improvements to make in the next year.

JSilva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 10:08:12 pm »
Sorry for not specifying, I was referring to the playback on recorded human voices.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 05:58:31 am »
This feature is now implemented on the Apple version, but the effects are applied during recording.  i anticipate adding it to the Android version in the next month or so.