Author Topic: File not Found Error  (Read 3432 times)

augie922

• View Profile
File not Found Error
« on: February 09, 2019, 04:19:09 pm »
Why does the walkup songs or any of the songs play for a couple of days but then when I click it then it will show file not found? The song is no longer on your device? It makes me redownload the song.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: File not Found Error
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 04:20:39 pm »
Is this happening on Apple or Android?

rwkish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 09:11:03 am »
For me it happens on apple, also the mixing walkout song and announcement only shows on one player of the 20 I have listed

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 09:23:10 am »
On Apple, the file not found error usually occurs because the Apple iCloud management is removing local copies of song files because it doesn't think you are using them.  Might be possible to make more storage space on the device to avoid the file not found problem.

Regarding the mixing...  that only works with songs that you purchase from iTunes directly.   For Apple music subscription songs, Apple does not provide any way to control the volume of the playback without controlling the whole device volume.  Mixing without being able to fade the song at start or end sounds pretty horrible.

If the mixing option is important to you, then a reasonable option would be to purchase individually the songs you are using for walkouts mixed with announcements and then use subscription songs for the rest of the app.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 08:18:58 pm »
Just to wrap up this conversation... the file not found error with Apple music songs was an issue with songs added from a playlist that had not been added to the itunes library individually.  I found a workaround for this issue and released it in version 2.5.11.  I also found a way to allow mixing of Apple music songs.  That feature was also included in this latest release.