Author Topic: Steps I need to take to get the player announcements to work?  (Read 3692 times)

Ebaker

• View Profile
I’m having trouble getting the player announcement to work. I have enabled it in settings but it is red on the player screen instead of green like the song. Can you help me please. Using an iPhone.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Steps I need to take to get the player announcements to work?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 03:31:39 pm »
The only steps to get player announcements to work is to enable announcements as you did.

Then add a player with a name and number, tap the big red play button next to the player and it should do a text-to-speech announce of the player name and number.

The red/green colors at the bottom of the player config screen are simply to distinguish between the two and allow you to overlap the sequence of the two as you like.  There is no status indication intended there.

There is also no option to play/test the announcement on the player config screen.  You must return to Walkout Song page and tap the Play button next to the player.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:37:13 pm by UpAllnite Software »

Ebaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 08:07:16 am »
Great, thank you! I appreciate you clearing that up.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 09:32:28 am »
You are welcome... sorry that wasn't obvious. 

I am a one man show software engineer and softball dad so my user interface design skills are not the best. 

I will make a note to change that color scheme to be less confusing in future releases.  I also made some notes to clear up confusion between the imported songs and iTunes library based on your other post.  That confusion has caused suffering for more than a few people.