Author Topic: Music  (Read 6449 times)

mdonaldson

• View Profile
Music
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:42:12 pm »
 How can you download music from Spotify?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Music
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:03:02 pm »
Sadly, you can't download music from Spotify and Spotify will not allow my app to just play the songs in your Spotify account. 

I have written everything to support Spotify in my app, but Spotify has not yet granted me commercial approval.   I have requested that approval multiple times over the past three years and they simply don't respond.  I suspect I'm just not a big enough app for them to bother with :(     Feel free to contact Spotify and ask them why they won't let you use your Spotify with my Walkout Songs app...   if enough users do that, perhaps they will finally talk to me.

mdonaldson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 04:22:27 pm »
 I will definitely do that. Thank you so much for the quick response. This app is awesome. Is there a place where I can download free music?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 04:54:26 pm »
There is a pretty good option using the free online video converter from Amoyshare.com.   Search the board here for Amoyshare and you should find a couple posts about how to use it. 

JLS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 08:46:13 pm »
HELP!! I am trying to use the app for the first time. I have read all the posts about how to use AppleMusic to send an email to myself and copy it to the app.  When I try this there is not option to copy it to Walkout.  I am using an iPhone 11.

Thanks!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 09:25:04 pm »
For Apple Music on an Apple phone, you don't need to import anything, just add a player, tap to select song, pick iTunes library and your Apple Music songs will be listed.

Rich2609

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 02:01:10 pm »
What is best app for downloading mp3s for a Galaxy S7. I don't mind paying. I just want to buy 15 songs so I can use for walk ups and between innings. Help!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 02:52:50 pm »
The best app for downloading mp3s on any Android device is my simple song collector that you can find a link for on this thread:  https://upallnitesoftware.com/forum/index.php?topic=246.0

If you really want to purchase songs, my recommendation is to use Amazon in a browser on a pc to download and then upload to your device with a usb or google drive. 

There really is no Android app that I am aware of for purchasing songs that would allow easy access to the resulting mp3 files.

Maggie Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2023, 02:47:11 am »
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Spotify does not provide an official feature that allows users to directly download music as MP3 files. Spotify offers a subscription service that allows you to download music for offline listening within the Spotify app, but these downloads are encrypted and only accessible through the app itself.

If you're looking to download music from Spotify for personal use, here's what you can do:

Spotify Premium Subscription: The legal and official way to download music from Spotify is to subscribe to Spotify Premium. With a Premium subscription, you can download songs, albums, and playlists for offline listening within the Spotify app. The downloaded content is encrypted and can only be played using the Spotify app.

Third-Party Spotify Downloaders: There are third-party tools and software available online that claim to be able to download music from Spotify. Converters such as DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter, TunesSolo Spotify Music Converter, and TunesFun Spotify Music Converter could do this.

Please note that using unofficial methods to download music from Spotify without a Premium subscription may have legal and ethical implications, and it's important to respect copyright laws and the rights of content creators. It's always recommended to use legitimate methods to access music content, such as subscribing to a streaming service or purchasing music from authorized sources.

Keep in mind that the information provided here is based on the state of things as of September 2021, and there may have been changes or developments since that time. Always refer to Spotify's official website and terms of use for the most up-to-date information.

Maggie Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2023, 01:48:55 am »
Spotify's terms of service prohibit the downloading of music from their platform except through their official offline listening feature for Spotify Premium subscribers. If you're interested in listening to music offline, consider upgrading to Spotify Premium, which allows you to download tracks for offline listening within the Spotify app. This is the only legal and authorized way to download music from Spotify. You could also use some third-party Spotify music converters such as DumpMedia Spotify Music Converters, TunesFun Spotify music converters or TunesSolo Spotify music converters to do this.

OdinGarcia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2023, 08:01:21 am »
Spotify doesn't provide an official feature for downloading music in MP3 format directly from the app. The platform operates primarily through streaming and doesn't allow direct downloads of songs in a traditional file format that can be accessed outside the app.
However, Spotify Premium subscribers can download songs, albums, playlists, or podcasts within the app for offline listening. This feature is designed for offline playback within the Spotify app and doesn't provide the actual music files.