Author Topic: Pre-game going crazy  (Read 5331 times)

Shellyp

• View Profile
Pre-game going crazy
« on: May 16, 2019, 09:09:28 pm »
I'm just getting started setting up all my stuff. The player part went just fine and works just fine. But when I load music to pre game section and I try to play the songs it goes crazy and just scrolls through the songs and doesn't actually play anything.  I have to exit out of the app to get it to stop. When I do the between innings section it won't do anything. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Android version 7.1.1
It seems to be working ok on my phone which is a Samsung 9+. I would like to use my tablet because I keep score on game changer on my phone and doing score and music would be to much. Thanks

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-game going crazy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:23:50 pm »
That issue happens with some malformed audio files... when they are first loaded android version 7.1.1 misreads their duration as zero.  In pregame and inning break, the app attempts to play the full duration which is zero so the song is just skipped.  You should be able to fix it by tapping the arrow on the song row to open the song config and fixing the duration to the full length.

If you could email one of those song files to me at walkoutsongdj@gmail.com, i will see if I can work around the issue automatically in my next update.

Shellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 12:38:51 pm »
Thank you for the quick response. Your suggestion seems to have helped. I tried to email a song clip but it didn't go through. If I get a chance I will send again. But I will for sure let you know if I have more issues. Thank you!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 01:36:03 pm »
Good to hear...

Emailing the song file, might be a little large so maybe you could put the song file on google drive and just email a share link to it? 

Shellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 09:13:13 pm »
New question and maybe I should make a new thread. I just loaded songs I intended to be for pre-game in the walk up section. Can I move them?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 09:38:12 pm »
no, you can move songs and players between teams in the walkout section but not between sections.

You can certainly add the same songs to both sections so you should just have to go into the pregame section, tap the add button, and group select all the songs you need in there.

Shellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 09:57:18 pm »
I have all my music in Google drive, is there a quicker way to add them to the app than clicking each one and doing "open with"? Is there a mass load?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 10:08:48 pm »
you actually don't have to import the songs to the app...  you can just download them from google drive directly to your Android folders and the app will find them under the Android music folders.  Just multi-select the songs in google drive, tap the three dot in the top corner and select download.