Author Topic: Data plan to use Walkout Song DJ  (Read 1749 times)

Cooley1975

• View Profile
Data plan to use Walkout Song DJ
« on: August 16, 2023, 07:06:15 am »
Hello,

Other than to download, does Walkout Song DJ require mobile or wifi data to use? I have an old android phone I would like to use for this, and can put wifi on it to download, but it would not have any service while at the ballpark.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Data plan to use Walkout Song DJ
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 07:20:49 am »
If you already have the songs downloaded to the device, then you do not need an internet data connection.  Cell service at ball fields was always assumed to be limited so it is a design goal of the app to not require an internet connection during playback.

Kriswyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 07:30:40 am »
Been enjoying the BP DJ app and Simple Song Collector for several months.  One question, occasionally when I try to download a song (and it can be any song not just certain ones), the app displays the following error

"Could not get any stream.  See error variable for further detai...."

Would you be able to share what's causing this and if there's something we should do to troubleshoot when it occurs?

Thanks!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 07:38:10 am »
Generally, that error indicates that Google has changed the YouTube interfaces so the song collector can't find the links to the music stream.  That requires an update to the song collector app to adapt to the new interfaces.  When you see that, you should check at the top of this thread for a new version:

https://upallnitesoftware.com/forum/index.php?topic=246.0

It generally takes 24-48 hours for me to get the Song collector fixed and a new version posted to that thread.  I just verified that the current version on that thread is working and not displaying that error.  If you are seeing the error, then I would suggest trying to update.