Author Topic: Apple Music  (Read 3130 times)

aueric94

• View Profile
Apple Music
« on: March 12, 2022, 12:54:42 pm »
I am new to Walkout Dj and am using  it with Apple Music on a MacBook Air. Every time I play a song it gets about 3 seconds into the song and pops up an error message that says "The Apple Music player is having trouble playing the song" even though the song is playing. When this popup comes on the song will not fade out at the selected time for walkout songs which is 20 seconds for our team. It just keeps playing the entire song unless I manually stop it. Please help!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Music
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 01:58:28 pm »
That's going to be tricky for me to solve as I do not have a MacBook Air available and I have never tested the app on anything but iPhones, iPads, and iPods.  I will take a look at the code around that error message to see if there is a clue as to what might cause it.

Has that error message always happened with the Apple Music on this device or did it work before and broke recently?

aueric94

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 04:13:53 pm »
It has happened since I started using the app. I just purchased the app a little over a week ago after I was asked to be the PA guy for my son's high school team. We used the app at our last school, but we had an old iPad for it. I was the scoreboard operator at our previous school so rarely messed with the app. I haven't tried it on my son's iPhone. I may try that just to see how it work son there, but the MacBook is more ideal for use at the field. Thanks of your prompt response! 

aueric94

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 04:21:22 pm »
This is the error message I get every time I play a song:

"The Apple Music Player is having trouble playing the song [Fix My Eyes].

This may just be a glitch with the player and playing again may work. If this repeats with only one song, try redownloading the song in the Apple Music app. If this happens with all Apple Music songs, try killing the Apple Music app or restarting your device."

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 07:01:41 pm »
I just ordered a new Mac mini with the M1 chip so I can test what you are seeing.  It was not possible to run my Walkout Song DJ app on a Mac before this year, but now that it is, I agree that a Mac would be a pretty good platform for the app, more people will try it, and I really need to be able to test with one.

It is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, so I should have some clarity on the issue you are seeing this week.  In the meantime, I would recommend trying it on an iPhone or iPad you have available so we can confirm the Mac environment is the culprit.

aueric94

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 07:18:04 pm »
Will do. Thanks!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 08:19:45 am »
The M1 mac arrived Tuesday and I started testing yesterday.   I am able to duplicate the playback error you found and the root cause of the problem is a bug in the Apple Music player on Mac where the player does not update the current playback time so my app has no clue if the song is actually playing.  I also found a number of other serious incompatibilities with volume control and such that make the Apple Music playback on mac unusable.  Playback with actual music files seems to work ok, so for now I may just remove the Apple Music integration when the App is installed on a Mac.  Hopefully, Apple will improve the Apple music compatibility in future versions and I can restore that functionality.