Author Topic: Pregame Songs  (Read 3148 times)

NotoriousRJV

• View Profile
Pregame Songs
« on: March 29, 2022, 11:25:58 pm »
I downloaded several songs from Apple Music to my iPad and then put the songs in my pregame playlist. Currently several songs will randomly start playing about 15 seconds in. The song timer continues counting as if the song is still playing but there is no sound. Sometimes I can click the song again and start it from the beginning and it will keep playing the whole song so the error is intermittent. It seems that any song can randomly be hit with this problem at any time. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? All songs are set to play the whole duration so that isn’t the issue.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pregame Songs
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 05:17:58 am »
Are you using a Bluetooth speaker when this occurs?

NotoriousRJV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 10:11:42 am »
No, it’s happening when the output is the iPad speakers.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 01:40:45 pm »
hmmm... that's a weird one.  Have not heard that reported before.  Could you go on the settings page of the app and share your data via email to me at walkoutsongdj@gmail.com.   I will see if I can reproduce the problem and find a solution.

NotoriousRJV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 11:42:46 am »
Done. If it happens, it is always between 14-19 seconds into the song. So I’m always on pins and needles until it passes that point.

NotoriousRJV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 11:46:28 am »
I should also note that it can also be playing one song perfectly and get to the start of the next song and the issue can show up. Sometimes it can roll through five songs in a row without any problems and then suddenly the sixth song it will stop 14 to 19 seconds into the song.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 01:11:02 pm »
I don't see the email yet with your configuration...   Maybe retry the send.

Have you tried killing the Apple Music app and restarting the device?  The Apple Music app is the one actually playing those songs and it has been known to act up occasionally. 

Have you physically downloaded the songs to your iPad in the iTunes library or are they playing from the cloud.  If you haven't downloaded them, you might try that as well.

What version of iPad and iOS are you using?   

Have you tried running it on a different Apple device?