Author Topic: Announcement cut short and display error  (Read 1669 times)

Mohill95

• View Profile
Announcement cut short and display error
« on: September 12, 2022, 03:55:56 pm »
After downloading iOS 16, the announcement portion of the walk up cuts off about half way through. The page for editing the walk up song is also displaying incorrectly, with the numbers for start time and length of segment played below the boxes they are supposed to be in. Please let me know if there is something I can do to correct these issues.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement cut short and display error
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 05:34:04 pm »
Seems just the usual where Apple breaks stuff every time they update iOS.  I will take a look and see what I can do to fix things and get an update posted.

Can you tell me what device model you have and what announcement type you are using (text to speech, recorded, imported)?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 08:58:10 pm »
I have iOS 16 downloaded on an iPhone 13 max and I do see the problem with cue and duration controls.  I am not able to duplicate any issues with the announcements.  I tried text to speech, imported, and recorded announcements and they all played through correctly.

Do the announcements cut short playing through just the iPhone speaker or is there a Bluetooth speaker involved in your setup?

Mohill95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 01:51:49 pm »
The announcement issue presents playing through just the iPhone (as well as Bluetooth). It does not present itself when there is no song to follow it though. It happens with both text to speech and imported files.

iPhone 13.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 02:16:57 pm »
Could you share your data setup file from the app to walkoutsongdj@gmail.com and let me know which players you observe the issue occurring with?

Mohill95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 09:18:25 am »
The display is corrected now, thanks! The issue seems to be fixed when I am connected to a bluetooth speaker. It is still there when just playing through an iPhone.

Mohill95

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 09:21:16 am »
I just emailed you the data.

Kredlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 09:17:19 pm »
I am also having this issue with Android.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 09:46:55 pm »
Probably not the same error as the problems that started this thread are caused by iOS 16...

Can you give me a little detail of the problem you are having with the Android version so we can figure out a cause and resolution?  Are you having issues with announcements or something with the cue and duration pickers?