Author Topic: Volume of songs  (Read 2254 times)

AJ

• View Profile
Volume of songs
« on: April 29, 2023, 11:56:49 am »
The volume on my phone and Bluetooth speaker is at max but the songs aren’t that loud and I thought it was due to my speaker. But I played a song directly from my iTunes app and it’s much louder. Why is that? The coaches are asking me to play the songs louder but I know of no way for that to happen in this app. Can you advise?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Volume of songs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 03:59:14 pm »
Hmmm... that is unexpected.  Are you using Apple Music songs or songs you have purchased from iTunes?  The app actually uses the same Apple Music player to play Apple Music songs and there is no option to change that volume.  If you are using purchased songs, then there is a gain control on the song config for each player that can be used to raise or lower volume.    There is also a temporary decrease in music volume during player announcements so the announcement isn't drowned by the music.

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 07:58:56 am »
Yes I am using Apple Music songs. If I followed the app directions correctly, I first added them to my library and then downloaded them before adding them to walk up songs. It said they needed to be downloaded in order to play if not on wifi, but I went into Apple Music and played a song at the game (not on wifi) and that’s when I realized it was louder coming from Apple Music. I am not using the announcement capability. Where is the gain control on the song config? Whatever I see shows the volume to the max unless I’m missing something.

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 08:03:16 am »
Update: what I thought was volume indicator is the fade on the song. So I have no clue where to see volume control on each song…

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 08:24:46 am »
There is no volume control on config page for Apple Music songs so that's why you can't see it.  They are played through the same Apple Music player used by the Apple Music app and Apple provides no option to control that volume. 

You would only see the gain control for songs if you were using purchased or imported songs.  In that case, I have access to the raw audio samples and I play them through a custom player where I can control the volume.

That is why I have no explanation for what you hear.  Playing a song through the Apple Music app and the Walkout Song App should have the same volume.

Do you hear the same volume difference if you play songs through the phone speaker?

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 06:42:31 pm »
I just tried it and the volume seems the same through the phone speaker. Thanks for the help anyway!