Author Topic: Text to Speech announcement low  (Read 2155 times)

Pharra6

• View Profile
Text to Speech announcement low
« on: May 09, 2023, 10:12:47 am »
I am using a Apple iPhone. Have a the most recent version of WalkOut Songs app and I am using the text to speech function. When it is announcing the players name and number it is very low, I tried to figure out a way to raise the volume and there’s nowhere on the app to amplify that. My phone and speaker are both all the way high and the announcement portion sounds very low compared to the walkout song. Please help. Also, I saw someone people use announcement files, how do those work ?

Pharra6

• View Profile
Re: Text to Speech announcement low
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 10:24:13 am »
I forgot to add that I have Speech Volume raised high and it’s still way lower volume compared to the songs. The songs are perfect volume and can be heard from the other side but it’s very hard to hear the text to speech announcement as it is super low (even though it is raised all the way on speech volume settings).

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 10:31:35 am »
If that volume control for speech on the settings page of the app is all the way to the right, then the text to speech is as loud as it can go.  On all devices I have tested with, that is a pretty good volume match with the music.  If that is not the case, perhaps your music volume may be too loud.  What source of music are you using?  Apple music or file imports?

Announcement files are usually files you get from a voiceover professional that are emailed to you.  You tap the file attachment in the email and share it to walkout songs to import it.

There are thousands of voiceover freelancers on fiverr.com you could choose from.  Most are pretty reasonably priced.  There is one that most people are happy with mentioned in this thread:

https://upallnitesoftware.com/forum/index.php?topic=244.msg788#msg788

Pharra6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 10:52:32 am »
I am using Apple Music.

Pharra6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 10:58:28 am »
Is there a way I could add a different text to speech file and see if it works better for the announcement.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 11:15:51 am »
I'm not sure I understand your question... text to speech is not a file.  It is a function provided by your phone to read things for you.  What different text to speech file are you referring to?

On the Apple music song volume...  There isn't much control of that either so I'm not sure how that is coming out at higher volume than the text to speech.  You could check in your settings app under music to see if you have any EQ setting that is making it too loud.  You also could check in that same section that the Sound Check is on.