Author Topic: Play and fade greyed out  (Read 2126 times)

jelsas26

• View Profile
Play and fade greyed out
« on: May 14, 2023, 10:50:55 am »
Sometimes after playing a song the play and faded icons go grey and I can’t fade out song. The song remains playing and I have to fade with the iPad volume. Is there a fix for this?  Thank you.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Play and fade greyed out
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 04:32:49 pm »
That would suggest that the app thinks the song has already stopped playing for some reason.  That is not normal and I've had no other reports of that.  What type of music source are you using, Apple Music or imported files?

jelsas26

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 05:33:36 pm »
Apple music.  I have the subscription service.  I don’t own the individual songs.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 07:56:59 pm »
Then that just sounds like hiccups from the Apple Music player... it can get a bit wonky sometimes and does not give Walkout Song DJ good information.

Couple questions to help diagnose:
How often does this happen?
Is it with specific songs or random?
Do you have all the songs downloaded to the device?
Did it start this behavior recently and was not doing this before?
Have you tried force killing the Apple Music app and then restarting it?
Do you have the latest Walkout Song DJ version?

jelsas26

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 10:42:51 am »
Thanks for the response. It happens often enough that I’m gonna get an inline audio switch / fader so I can fade out / mute when it happens as a fail safe so I don’t accidentally have audio overrun in the game.  Seems to happen on the situational songs but on random songs.  Yes. All downloaded music because I can’t always be on wifi at games.  I have noticed it for awhile.  Should I have open the Apple Music app in the background while using this app?   I don’t do that but can.  So I haven’t had need to force kill Apple Music.  I think I have the latest version as I don’t have any updates showing.  Thanks again.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 12:30:19 pm »
Anytime this occurs with Apple music songs, I would recommend a force kill of the Apple music app as that is the software that is actually playing the music and reporting playback position to the Walkout Song App.

Can you do a share data from the settings page of the app and send to walkoutsongdj@gmail.com so I can see I can duplicate the issue here?

jelsas26

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 04:22:46 pm »
I have another iPad with more space. I’m gonna wipe it and reload and see how it does there. I will get back with you. Thank you

jelsas26

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 09:45:54 pm »
I will send data soon to your email.  Please be on the lookout for it. Thank you.