Author Topic: Music plays randomly  (Read 1614 times)

NotoriousRJV

• View Profile
Music plays randomly
« on: June 01, 2023, 09:38:25 pm »
I’ve used this app for several years and love it. This year I’ve had 2 or 3 games where music spontaneously begins playing. I don’t hit anything. It doesn’t even show a song is playing on the timer in the upper left side. It’s embarrassing (These are high school games) and has made me lose faith in this app. Anyone else ever experience this? The first time it happened I wondered if it had soemthing to do with the audio equipment at the facility but now it’s happened at multiple facilities. I’ve even tried closing out of all apps and restarting my iPad only for it to happen again later in the game. Help!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Music plays randomly
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 09:57:14 pm »
I have never heard a report of random music playing from the app in the 10 years the app has been released so you must have some pretty unique situation going there.  Not really sure what to suggest to figure out what is going on.  If the song title isn't showing in the top right of the app, then it really doesn't seem likely that the app is actually triggering that playback.  It seems more likely that some other app or maybe the Apple Music app is going rogue and playing things. 

Are the random songs actual songs you have added and configured in the app?  Are they songs in your library on the device?  What type of communication link do you use with the audio equipment?  Any chance someone else is taking control of that equipment?  Have you ever heard the oddity when not connected with external equipment?