Author Topic: Cannot use Apple Music library  (Read 3237 times)

LBT

• View Profile
Cannot use Apple Music library
« on: March 10, 2018, 11:13:44 am »
Just bought the app.  Based on comments in App Store, I would’ve thought the issue of importing from the Apple Music app would be possible and straightforward.  I just added several songs from Apple Music to my iPad (so brand new, not legacy downloads).  First song I try and I get the message that I have to actually purchase all of these songs via iTunes even though I pay Apple Music a fee every month?? This should be made explicit on the app description. I have not rated the app yet, but if it is true that users have to pay again for the songs, that is quite deceptive.  User should be able to use their paid Apple Music library songs OR you should make it clear users cannot use their Apple Music library without paying more for the songs.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:19:57 am by LBT »

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot use Apple Music library
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 02:26:02 pm »
Apple Music songs were not supported until the release that is currently in beta test.  It was a rather monumental task to work around all the limitations that Apple put on playing those songs.  I waited with each iOS release hoping Apple would add a reasonable interface, but they still have not.  As Apple Music support produced almost all the 1-star and negative reviews, I decided to see if I could find some tricks to get the restricted Apple Music song interface to work well enough and I believe I succeeded.  I plan on public release by next weekend, but i can add you to the beta test list if you need it sooner.  Just send me a forum message with your email.