Author Topic: Button Size and Placement  (Read 1203 times)

Geedubbya

• View Profile
Button Size and Placement
« on: June 22, 2024, 08:14:33 AM »
I’m very much enjoying the app and the kids are having a ball with it.

I find the controls to be a little too hard to access for my Homer thumbs. The play button is sometimes a little difficult to press quickly. Because the timing of our changes isn’t as crisp as it might be, we do the announcements first and then play the walk up music until the player is set at the plate. This means that the sequence isn’t automatic and I actually have to press stop when I want the music to stop.It  would be great if there was a Fade feature so it doesn’t end abruptly and of course larger stop button. Also, the tiny button is located at the top the screen which is a little out of the way. It would be great if it was a large prominent button.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Button Size and Placement
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2024, 08:12:03 PM »
There actually already is a fade button at the top during playback..  It should be just to the right of the play/stop button and shaped like descending bars.

I will add your button size requests to the todo list.

Geedubbya

• View Profile
Re: Button Size and Placement
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 07:56:25 AM »
To clarify a little about the button size request, an interface where we could simply click “next”  to move onto the next player and song would be helpful. I find I sometimes hit the wrong player’s name and end up playing the wrong song because the buttons are small. I’ve also messed up when trying to hit the “fade” button. If I miss it the song continues to play and I scramble to turn it off and not interrupt whats going on in the field. Large play/stop/advance buttons that are prominently displayed would make this much easier and avoid embarrassing mistakes.

Still loving this app. The kids absolutely love this added feature to the season.