Author Topic: App freezing up  (Read 8825 times)

Mjlooper

• View Profile
App freezing up
« on: May 16, 2014, 03:58:08 pm »
I'm having issues with the app freezing up in the middle of a game. We haven't made it through a 6 inning game yet. It will lock up & I have to either shut down the app & restart it or sometimes that doesn't work and I have to turn the ipod off completely.  The ipod has been updated, app removed & reinstalled & same issue. Thank you for your help!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: App freezing up
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:01:01 pm »
Freezing up is something I have not heard reported before and there is over 600 different teams using so there must be something unique to your setup.  I will have to throw a couple questions at you to see if I can figure out what would be causing the problem in your particular setup.

What generation of ipod are you using?
Is there any particular sequence of events that lead to that condition?   
Does it happen on any specific page of the app? 
How many of the tabs do you have set up and how many songs on each?
Does it freeze before, during, or after a song is played?
Does it happen with more than one song?
Do you have anything else running on the device that might use a great deal of memory or processor power?
Have you tried installing the app on a different device if you have more than one?

Mjlooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:36:30 am »
Thank you for the reply.

iPod is 4th generation
Has 10 GB free space- 16 GB total
It's froze on in between inning song & batter line up songs- before the song starts- play button grays out- not the same song twice
Tabs- we have 12 players- they only have 1 song each currently/57 inning break clips/27 situational clips
I haven't tried on a different device yet.

Please let me know any thoughts & what you suggest- thank you!

Mjlooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 07:39:57 am »
One more thing... In looking around your forums I noticed theres a version 2.1.9, I purchased the app within the last month, but mine is version 1.9.  I cant find an update anywhere- could that be part of the problem & how do I update?  Thanks again!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 03:38:09 pm »
I actually never released a version 1.9 so I'm not sure what version you actually have.  I suspect you must have 2.1.9.  That version did have a known issue that caused some crashes but I did get reports of a freeze.

The latest version is 2.1.10 and that is what I currently see in the appstore for iPad or iPhone.

The only thing I can think of that could prevent getting the latest version would be the iOS version you are using.  If you are using iOS 7, then all versions up to the latest should be available.

Mjlooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 07:19:37 am »
Thank you for the info, so just confirming I cant get the updated version on my 4th generation iPod then, since the up to date software is iOS version 6.1.6?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 09:01:00 am »
Well, I investigated the version available with a 4g ipod that I use for testing and it gets the latest version from the app store. 

I believe you do have the latest version of the app.  I think the 1.9 you are referring to is the size of that distribution in MB rather than the actual version number.

However, there are differences in how the app operates with 7.1 versus 6.1 iOS based on the music player engine that is available from the operating system.  I also have not put nearly as much testing time into the 6.1 compatible music engine since the remaining distribution of that iOS version is very small.  Your description of when the freeze occurs does give me a sequence to test so I will do some tests and see if I can figure out what is happening. 

In the meantime, if you had a device that runs 7.1 iOS, that would probably avoid the problem for you.