Author Topic: Input an MP4 file outside of iTunes  (Read 4942 times)

Vikings17

• View Profile
Input an MP4 file outside of iTunes
« on: April 02, 2016, 08:05:29 pm »
Good day,

First, I love the app and have been recommending to other team announcers who do walk-up songs for the players. It really makes it easy to multi-task in the booth!

I have converted a movie clip to an MP4 audio only file but have been unable to upload it into my iTunes library. Is there a way to upload the file into the app, in particular, the situational tab.

Many thanks in advance!

David

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Input an MP4 file outside of iTunes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 11:15:38 am »
There currently isn't a way to upload a file into the app other than through itunes, but I am working on adding that feature in this coming off season.   That is a big step towards allowing the app to work on Andriod and just to add general flexibility in the sound source options.  I also plan on adding the option to record or import sounds for prerecording the player announcements as an improvement over the current text to speech support.

For your current situation, I would suggest converting the mp4 audio file to mp3 which should allow import to itunes and use in the app.  I have done that with a couple situational sound bites and it works pretty well.