Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 5597 times)

Maestro

• View Profile
Suggestions
« on: April 28, 2016, 07:35:24 pm »
We have been using the app pretty extensively for a Freshman HS baseball team.  We kind of developed a wish list that we would like to see implemented in an update.

1.)  The ability to compartmentalize songs in pregame and inning break.  There are 3 groupings of pregame songs.  The first group are songs one plays when your team actually is on the field taking pregame.  The next group would be for when the opposing team takes their pregame.  And last would be for just to fill time before the game.  Where I can bracket a group of songs I want to play, and then walk away, not having to worry about monitoring the app.  I have enough songs, so that I would like to have 3 groups of this, so it doesn't grow stale or old.  Regardless, just the ability to compartmentalize or bracket a playlist of songs in the "Pregame" and "Inning Break" categories would be most helpful.  You already have the code for it under the walkout category, where multiple line-ups can be entered

2.)  We try to be respectful and announce the other team's players too.  It's kind of a pain to assign a song to them, in order to get the app to announce.  Don't need to give the other team music, let alone the exact same song for a min of 5 sec, but its cool to still be able to enter their names and numbers and let "Daniel" announce them.  So a feature where you can skip the music/song requirement to do so, would be most helpful

3.)  I saw someone else suggest it under FAQ, but a pre-loaded group of sound effects that we could use.., for instance, a strikeout, a good play.  Ideas would be an umpire call, a TV Game Show sound of failure., ESPN's web gem sound bite..., stuff like that.  That one might be harder than the other 2.

Thanks for listening

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:33:15 am »
For #1, I will have to ponder on that for a bit.  The code for multiple pages used on the walkout part is pretty complex and I'm not sure I like the user experience it presents.  I may chose to rework that mechanism in future versions.  If so, I will keep in mind the option to include the same functionality for the other tabs.

For #2, I should be able to remove the sanity check for a song configured to allow it to just announce the player without playing a walkout song.   The original intention of the app was for playing only walkout songs, but it seems the announcement features has become pretty popular.  I was wondering how users were dealing with the announcing for the visiting team.  Thanks for answering that question and suggesting a pretty good solution.

For #3, I was already planning on adding that.  I am actually planning to add the ability to directly import mp3 songs and sound affects for use as both sounds and player announcements.  A set of basic necessity sound effects would be part of that.  However, that is a pretty drastic change and I prefer to do those type of things in the offseason so as not to introduce crash bugs and instability when the app is most used.   

Look for a major update sometime around the October/November time frame which will probably include #2 and #3.

Thanks for the suggestions... they are always appreciated!

Itsmelambert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 07:33:45 pm »
Can we add multiple songs per player. If they get 4 at bats during the game why can

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 07:55:53 pm »
Currently there is one song per player entry, but you are free to add the same player multiple times.  I have contemplated multiple songs per player entry,  but I fear the complexity that would add to the user experience would not balance the amount of people who would actually use it. 

Could you describe in a little detail how you imagine the interface for the multiple songs would look?  Perhaps you're vision would be less complex than what i had in mind.

Note:  disable smart punctuation in your device before posting.  The forum software cannot handle the smart apostrophe and truncates your post.