Author Topic: Gain Control  (Read 4046 times)

JSilva

• View Profile
Gain Control
« on: February 19, 2017, 01:54:22 pm »
I just downloaded the app today and I must say this will make my tasks in the press box much easier. Doing between innings music, GameChanger and player announcements simultaneously is a bit cumbersome.

I presume the purpose of the Gain control on the songs is for situation when you have songs that are recorded at different levels. For example when the output level of a classic rock song vs a modern hard rock/metal song is more than just a couple of dbs different. It seems that when I use the Gain it tends to distort the output of the song but this may be because I have the song saved in iTunes with the Volume Adjust already turned up to compensate.

My question is this... do you suggest leaving the Volume Adjust from the iTunes setting at the 'None' position and then use the gain in the app to adjust/level the various song selections?

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gain Control
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:03:26 pm »
You are correct in the purpose of the gain control and if you are gettng distortion, perhaps turn louder songs down rather than quieter songs up.   I dont think the iTunes adjustment should have any affect on the playback in Walkout songs.  I use the most basic ios player and actually modify the sound samples to achieve gain fade and equalizer affects for the app.