Author Topic: Enhancement Suggestions by JSilva  (Read 6802 times)

JSilva

• View Profile
Enhancement Suggestions by JSilva
« on: February 19, 2017, 02:03:27 pm »
I am a newbie to the app and I must admit it is quite intuitive but I have a couple of initial suggestions...

1. Have you considered allowing the ability to enter a value for the gain instead of a slider control to make the adjustments?

2. Have you considered having a setting to allow a short break between PreGame playlist. Right now the next songs starts almost immediately after the current song ends. Allowing for and additional 2-5 second buffer between songs would be nice.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Enhancement Suggestions by JSilva
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 04:41:52 pm »
I hadn't considered anything other than the slider control for gain.  Direct data entry is discouraged in the Apple user interface guidelines when other controls can do the job.  What is the specific problem with the slider that you are hoping i can solve with a direct entry control?

Interesting request on the time break between pre game playlist.  I haven't heard that request before, but it probably would not be difficult to implement.  I will try that out and see how it sounds for the next version.  For your pregame list, do you adjust the start and duration so the fade function comes into play or are you just playing a list of complete songs?

JSilva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 05:05:05 pm »
For the slider Gain setting, I was asking about a numerical value because if I were to remove a song from a the play list and add it back, I can note what the Gain setting was previously so when I add it back I don't have to play around and figure it out again. Also, say I am importing something like Volbeat, who records at a high level, I know that all of those songs should be a -10 and say the Ramones, which is at a low level, I can quickly enter those in at a +20 across the board.

As for the time break. It looked like the fade function was across the board not a separate setting for WalkUp and PreGame. I have just been playing with the app but I have only played a complete list of songs.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 06:35:57 pm »
That makes sense on the gain slider.  I probably could at least at a value display so you know what value you are setting.

The fade function is not enabled at the start unless you set a cue time and not at the end unless your duration stops before the normal song end.  It is assumed that most songs fade at start and end by themselves.  The reason I asked is that the natural fade time between start and end of songs is normally enough to not make the transition sound abrubt.  Are you encountering some songs that are sounding abrubt?  Can you send me examples?

JSilva

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 08:30:57 pm »
Actually, I was listening through headphones to adjust the Gain settings on each song. It could be that since I am hearing the music directly in my ear that I am a bit more sensitive. For an example listen to the end of Rise by SIXX AM followed by Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm. Rise has a sudden stop and Smooth Criminal has a sudden start.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 09:09:20 pm »
I will take a listen to those two songs and see how a delay would work and how long it would need to be.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

JSilva

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 09:37:49 am »
As for the Gain slider, showing a numerical value would be helpful and if entering a numerical value isn't a good option then maybe an incremental +/- control like you have on the Cue and Duration would be helpful.

Thanks for providing a forum to get feedback from your customers!