Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Issue Reporting / Re: Bluetooth Delay
« Last post by UpAllnite Software on May 15, 2023, 12:43:21 pm »
What model of bluetooth speaker are you using? 

I am working on a solution for some very poorly designed bluetooth speakers that go to sleep very quickly and require several seconds of actual audio signal to wake up.  For these specific speakers, an aux cord is not even a solution because the sleep and wakeup issue happens with aux or bluetooth.  Android actually does a pretty good job with bluetooth and the aux cord recommendation is not really applicable.  I am currently waiting on delivery of an ION pathfinder so I can test the solution.  Luckily, it seems there are thousands of these pieces of garbage speakers available in either open box or used condition because of how often they are returned.

It's a pretty tricky implementation because I have to send some audio signal to the speaker for the wakeup to occur, but it cannot be audible so the audience won't hear it, and it is only applicable for these poorly designed speakers so I have to make a toggle on or off in the settings.
Issue Reporting / Bluetooth Delay
« Last post by Mrmessy on May 15, 2023, 12:31:11 pm »
I'm using a Samsung S21ultra, although this has happened on my previous Samsung as well.  I'm also using the text to speech function.

When I play the next batter, there is a delay in the Bluetooth speaker playing the voice announcement. So, the announcement seems to be cutoff.

I've tried pushing the slider to the right for when to start the voice and music, but that doesn't work.

Is there a way to insert a 1 or 2 second gap in the beginning to catch up with the Bluetooth to speaker delay?

I am currently adding time to the song and starting it first to make up for the gap, but I would prefer the announcement to be separate from the song.

And I would not like to use an aux adapter and cable either as that is very inconvenient.

Great product otherwise.
Issue Reporting / Re: Play and fade greyed out
« Last post by UpAllnite Software on May 15, 2023, 12:30:19 pm »
Anytime this occurs with Apple music songs, I would recommend a force kill of the Apple music app as that is the software that is actually playing the music and reporting playback position to the Walkout Song App.

Can you do a share data from the settings page of the app and send to walkoutsongdj@gmail.com so I can see I can duplicate the issue here?
« Last post by jelsas26 on May 15, 2023, 10:42:51 am »
Thanks for the response. It happens often enough that I’m gonna get an inline audio switch / fader so I can fade out / mute when it happens as a fail safe so I don’t accidentally have audio overrun in the game.  Seems to happen on the situational songs but on random songs.  Yes. All downloaded music because I can’t always be on wifi at games.  I have noticed it for awhile.  Should I have open the Apple Music app in the background while using this app?   I don’t do that but can.  So I haven’t had need to force kill Apple Music.  I think I have the latest version as I don’t have any updates showing.  Thanks again.
« Last post by UpAllnite Software on May 14, 2023, 07:56:59 pm »
Then that just sounds like hiccups from the Apple Music player... it can get a bit wonky sometimes and does not give Walkout Song DJ good information.

Couple questions to help diagnose:
How often does this happen?
Is it with specific songs or random?
Do you have all the songs downloaded to the device?
Did it start this behavior recently and was not doing this before?
Have you tried force killing the Apple Music app and then restarting it?
Do you have the latest Walkout Song DJ version?
« Last post by jelsas26 on May 14, 2023, 05:33:36 pm »
Apple music.  I have the subscription service.  I don’t own the individual songs.
« Last post by UpAllnite Software on May 14, 2023, 04:32:49 pm »
That would suggest that the app thinks the song has already stopped playing for some reason.  That is not normal and I've had no other reports of that.  What type of music source are you using, Apple Music or imported files?
Issue Reporting / Play and fade greyed out
« Last post by jelsas26 on May 14, 2023, 10:50:55 am »
Sometimes after playing a song the play and faded icons go grey and I can’t fade out song. The song remains playing and I have to fade with the iPad volume. Is there a fix for this?  Thank you.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions / Re: Fading/Blending Pregame music
« Last post by UpAllnite Software on May 12, 2023, 08:53:41 pm »
That is not yet supported in the app.  In theory, it could be done with the Android version or with imported music files in the Apple version, but it could not be done with Apple Music songs due to limitations with Apple's music player.  I can mix announcements with Apple music but not music with music.

Funny, you're the first person that has asked about that in the 10 years the app has been released.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions / Fading/Blending Pregame music
« Last post by Ekearly on May 12, 2023, 02:50:29 pm »
I'm new to Walk Out DJ and I looked through the forums, so I may have over looked this; but is there a  way Im able to not fade out the song thats playing until the next song fades in? Kind of like a smooth transition?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]