Author Topic: Announcer Volume  (Read 10748 times)

southerngritsfastpitch

• View Profile
Announcer Volume
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:01:24 pm »
Is there a setting to change the announcer volume?  The walk up song will be good volume and then when announcer starts talking it

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Announcer Volume
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 12:39:42 pm »
Are you referring to the text to speech announcement or a recorded announcement?

There is no configuration option in the app to change either one currently but there are options within the iOS interfaces that I could enable to turn the volume down of either one.
That would only help you if they are too loud. There is no way to turn the volume for them higher.  The volume value in the iOS interface is 0.0 to 1.0 and they default to 1.0 which is what you currently hear with the app.

southerngritsfastpitch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:51:49 pm »
I

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 09:26:51 pm »
It appears that your last reply was truncated... could you try that again?

southerngritsfastpitch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 12:51:28 pm »
It

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 02:38:31 pm »
Still got your response cutoff...  perhaps it would work better if you message me via the facebook page:   https://www.facebook.com/walkoutsongdj/

Maestro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 12:07:46 pm »
Sent you a PM, but thought it may generate some ideas from others or responses at least.

Would be really cool if the recorded announcement good be transposed on top of the walkout song.  So the song starts, then the announcement is made on top of the song playing in the back ground, and then the song returns to full volume.  There isn't a ton of time to get both the announcement and then at least 9-10 seconds of the song.  The distance between the the dugout and home plate just isn't that far.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 01:06:11 pm »
On the overlay of the announcement and the walkout... that is pretty complex overall because of the coordinated volume and timing sequence.  In my tests, the user would need the ability to configure both of those options on a song by song basis to get quality output and I would somehow need to gracefully preclude using Apple Music songs with that option because I cannot independently control the volume of the player Apple requires I use to play those.  I have to actually snapshot, fade, and restore the volume of the whole device for those songs.  Ugly, but it works.

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to analyze the usage mix between Apple Music subscription songs and unrestricted song files to see what the mix is.  My last three day snapshot puts the Apple Music percentage around 40% but that may be a spike because of the recently added support.   If there is still a reasonable percentage of people using unrestricted song files, then I will take a look at how to mix the announcement and walkout song as an advanced option.

Thank you for the suggestion!

rauschm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 07:19:42 pm »
I recently downloaded your app... great stuff!  Could you enable text to speech announcements volume to be -1 or -2?  Possibly adjustable gain like vine recordings? The volume for the text to speech is much louder than the music.  When I turn up the volume to hear the music better, the text to speech is too loud.

Thanks in advance!

rauschm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 07:21:26 pm »
...like voice recording, not vine recording.   ;)

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 07:40:37 pm »
Is this on Apple or Android?  I have never heard anyone say the text to speech was too loud before.  Also what is the source of your music?

rauschm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 07:57:06 pm »
This is on an iPhone.  Source of music is Apple Music. When I recorded the announcement, the gain setting of -2 was the closest to the music level. I was looking to see if there were any volume adjustments for text to speech.

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 10:10:24 pm »
I don't have a text-to-speech volume setting available in the app, but I think there is a volume setting available from the iOS speech engine.  I did not include it before because it is always at max volume and that always seemed too low to me.  I will take a look to see if a volume setting can be added and get that into the next version.

Thanks for your suggestion!

rauschm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 02:19:30 am »
That would be great. Would allow for more flexibility. Some additional info: text to speech voice is Daniel (English UK).

Thanks again!

UpAllnite Software

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 06:46:03 am »
Speech volume setting is now available in version 2.5.24 released from the App Store today 2/25/20.  It is on phased release so you may have to search it out directly on the App Store to get the update immediately.  Please give it a try to see how it works and give the app a great review for my amazing responsiveness  :)